Thursday, December 30, 2010

Linda's Success Story

























I started my fitness journey as a physical therapy patient at Tillman Physical Therapy post knee surgery. I had a high-stress job and would eat chocolate and desserts to cope. Physically, I was limited. I couldn’t walk long distances and was uncomfortable in theaters and airplane seating. I was wearing a size 20 and bought clothes to cover myself, I was pre-diabetic, had severe heartburn and I fell a lot. Michael Tillman told me that if I did not get in better shape, I wouldn’t be able to play and do activities with my younger grandchildren. He also told me I needed to get the weight off if I wanted to see them grow up. Michael was not just my therapist, he’s my friend and he touched my heart not just my head. After therapy, David Tillman, walked me through my first workout. My programming for my workouts comes from the coaches and PT technicians who check in on me daily.
















Lost 60lbs and 10 pants sizes!















Now I am able to go on any cruise excursion I want, including a 1.5 mile hike through the rain forests of Alaska, I can chase down and catch a very fast two year old racing across a parking lot. I have lost 60lbs and wear a size 10 in bottoms and 12’s on top. I am no longer pre-diabetic, don’t have heartburn anymore and my cholesterol is that of a teenager. In addition to my other exercises, I have learned balancing skills and haven’t fallen since I lost the weight.
























One of my biggest accomplishments is coming close to beating my very athletic daughter in a tabata row. Since then, my daughter returned home, joined a gym and is running half marathons. My son is determined to lose weight as well. He says if his 66 year old mom can do it - so can he.

























I cannot say enough about the help I’ve received. The coaches, physical therapists and technicians have all been instrumental in helping me with my workouts and pushing me to do more.. They got me to jump rope and I haven’t done that in over 35 years! Michael told me what I didn’t want to hear, but what I needed to. I love being a size 10 and there are several stores in town that are very grateful!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Mom! We love you and are very proud of your accomplishment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you Aunt Linda. Now it's my turn. Love you, Laura Kay

    ReplyDelete